Although I had been through dozens of inspections since I first closed on my new Lennar home, the first one happened on Wednesday, March 15, 2017. Lennar finalized a take over of WCI Communities in February of the same year. The second inspection – a roof inspection – was scheduled for Thursday, March 23, 2017, and documented below.
During the first inspection, Rick Hudak and I walked through all the construction issues documented in my spreadsheet. We weren’t around the inspectors, so I was not aware of what the inspectors were looking at or doing at the time.
Just to update you on a few items. See attached for pictures.
After the inspection last week, I started experiencing illness on Friday. It kept me in bed through Monday. It included rashes, usual congestion, fatigue, and fever. I am not able to take antibiotics again so soon so just had to ride it out (although the rashes are still there). I am not sure if it had anything to do with whatever might have been ‘shuffled’ but that’s been pretty consistent since I moved here.
The indoor mosquitos are also coming back (season). The first two pictures are in my bedroom and the third is from the office. They are Asian Tigers.
We spoke about the under cabinet lights and two panels weren’t working. As you and I discussed, I didn’t know if all the lights went out at once if one of the bulbs went out. As determined in a previous email that doesn’t happen (each bulb goes out individually). This weekend, one of them came on again, but with only one light bulb (it hasn’t come on in well over a year). The other is still completely inoperable and they went out at the same time.
I noticed an odd noise with the upstairs air handler. I went to look and looked way in the back and up for the first time. Not sure if the A/C people saw this but it looks like a separation and cracking on the ceiling (this is the last picture).
As a side, one of the issues is the sewage outlet being some feet under the ground. Out of curiosity, I started looking at the same models of this house while walking the dogs. I am not seeing any of theirs either (I see them out near the curb or sidewalks for all the other houses). Just wanted to give you a heads-up that it might be an issue with this model during construction. The only reason I knew about it was through a plumbing inspection.
Thank you and see you tomorrow!
Here is a video I took at the same time of the upstairs air handler that is filled with mold.
I work just feet from all this mold. Regardless of how it’s cleaned, it quickly returns. You can also see the gap in the rear of the unit at the ceiling. This A/C unit has gone out several times, and I’ve had more than 20 A/C unit failures total in 4.5 years.
Here is more on how my Lennar home is making me sick as well as symptoms that other people have when they spend any significant amount of time in my home.
As a reminder, all of these Lennar senior executives witnessed this mold during their first meeting at my house to discuss all the ongoing construction issues.
Thank you, we will add this to our notes. see you tomorrow morning about 11 for your roof inspection.
Lennar Roof inspection on March 23, 2017
The inspector did not bring a ladder large enough to go onto the roof in the guest retreat/office. That’s a shame because as I showed the Lennar executives, I am constantly finding pieces of that roof in the driveway below.
The roof inspection lasted less than an hour although I blocked an entire three hours. This is how so much wasted time builds up in this Lennar home.
Although I didn’t know at the time, Lennar would eventually want more inspections, including bringing in an environmental inspection company. As you’ll soon learn, those inspections have never occurred as all three of them suddenly went silent.
Next Lennar communication: Lennar After Inspections: We’ll Get Back to You Whenever
Previous Lennar communication: First Day of Lennar Inspections – A/C and Electrical
Note: As of the date of this publication, all the Lennar executives went silent and none of the construction repairs were ever made, including the promised replacements of two, improperly installed and defective A/C units causing extensive mold exposure and health issues.