I’ve written about the health issues and systems I have encountered in a new construction home built by Lennar. I’ve even documented the pattern of others getting sick in my Lennar home when they have spent too much time in the structure. As I’ve indicated, I’m far from alone in my struggle.
Don’t buy from them. We had a Lennar home built in Texas and they left our drains open slightly, leading to about 8 years of toxic mold exposure. They did fix the bathroom but ignored our complaint about our persistent toxic mold illness that nearly killed us.
— Denise (@Crossroads_30) November 30, 2017
Just reading the tweet, I could already tell her story was similar to mine – a world completely turned upside down by simply wanting a home. Imagine moving into your dream home, only to have your entire life – and health – fall around you. That’s what happened to Denise in Texas.
As I began chatting with her, I realized there was so much similarity to her story and what I’ve been experiencing for years now in a new construction Lennar home. However, the impacts of what she believes is now mold poisoning – through extensive mold exposure – reached her entire family.
As you’ll see in the conversation thread below, long after Denise and her family left the home, they are still experiencing the health, stress and financial impacts of the extended mold exposure. That scares me to even think about, but I’m glad she told part of her story to me. You’ll see how we quickly realize how similar the cases have been.
Mold poisoning in a Lennar home
Here is the Twitter conversation that Dennise and I had recently:
It’s an incredibly sad situation that happens often – you can read stories about entire Lennar communities impacted by mold.
Yet, it’s allowed to continue. Why? Because the people and agencies that should prevent this – or help if it happens – do nothing.
More on that to come.