In early 2014, Bob Harrower of Lennar fixed a ‘sliding tile’ on my roof at 6111 Yeats Manor Drive. When I had inspections done later that year, it was shown to be shattered – not sliding. Is Lennar that determined to not spend money on warranty repairs or are they just that lazy?
Here’s the summary of all of construction issues I keep in a spreadsheet.
Broken roof tile description
A broken tile on the south field over the kitchen/family room area about halfway up needs to be replaced.
Original response to tile issue from Joel Fedora
WCI will repair the broken tile. This is not a warrantable issue, but WCI will make the repair. The replacement tile might not match the dye lot for the current roof tiles.
Lennar in-house legal response to tile issue
WCI to schedule Collins Roofing to replace broken roof tile. Color will not match due to weathering and dye lots.
Amanda Buffinton legal response to Lennar about broken roof tile
Accepted although WCI agrees to undertake its best efforts to have the roof tile match as much as possible.
Buffinton response to Lennar outside legal (prior to filing the 558)
Mr. Fannin accepts WCI’s proposed repair. However, this is a quality issue that Mr. Fannin should have the authority to reject when presented with the option. Therefore, WCI shall present the option to Mr. Fannin for his approval prior to proceeding with the repair. Mr. Fannin reserves his rights.
Final WCI outside legal response to 558 complaint
WCI offered to resolve this item but the Homeowner canceled the repair.
Note: This is not true at all. See: WCI (Now Lennar Homes) Lied in Their Legal Response. Why?
Lennar executive’s response on 5/22/2017
Cracked corners of roof tile to be repaired by adhering the corner with approved tile adhesive. Color of adhesive to match existing roof tile as closely as possible
- Remove any broken or loose roof tiles, and related fasteners.
- Repair any fastener holes or damage to underlayment using materials and methods approved by the underlayment material manufacturer.
- Replace all tile removed and fastened in accordance with the Tile Roof Institute’s written instructions.
- Repair underlayment/flashings with materials and methods approved by the material manufactures and the Tile Roof Institute.
- Replacement roof tile used are to be Double Eagle Bel Air Mulberry as manufactured by Eagle Roofing Products.
Note: As of the date of this publication, all the Lennar executives went silent and none of the construction repairs were ever made, including the promised replacements of two, improperly installed and defective A/C units causing extensive mold exposure and health issues.